You’ll need (serves 2):
- 6-8 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablepoons of runny honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
Place the chicken wings in a tupperware you can cover. Season them with salt and pepper. Gather all the rest of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously, then pour the marinade over the chicken wings. Put the lid on the tupperware and shake to coat the wings evenly. Pop in the fridge to marinate for an hour or so.
Heat your grill until it is red hot, place the wings on a foil covered baking sheet and grill until slightly chargrilled and crispy, coating with the sauce at regular intervals.
Serve with a fresh green salad or grilled corn on the cob.